The South Gippsland Championship will be played at Korumburra Golf Club on Sunday 21st May 2023
This event will be 18 holes stroke play and open to golfers who are members of South Gippsland Golf Inc clubs.
The district junior championship will be held in conjunction with this event.
3 grades will apply: A: +5 – 6.4, B: 6.5 – 13.3, C: 13.4 +
Entries Close: Sunday 15th May 2023
Conditions of play
- All entrants must be financial members of a South Gippsland Golf Inc club
- Entry fee must be paid at time of entry
- Current and past club champions are eligible to enter champion of champions’ event
- A maximum daily handicap of 36 will apply to this event.
Play will be in 3 grades: A +5 to 6.4, B 6.5 to13.3, C 13.4 plus
- The event will be 18 holes stroke play for A & B grades; C grade will play stableford
- In the event of a tie, the winner of scratch events will be decided by a sudden death playoff
- The competition shall be played in accordance with the rules of golf as adopted by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and any modifications set out by local rules
- Range finding device may be used
- The match committee of SG will have the power to deal with and resolve any dispute or protest which must be lodged with the committee within 15 minutes of conclusion of day’s play. The Match committee’s decision is final
- The committee may in the event of adverse weather or other reason reschedule the event
- A player can only win only one event, excludes junior championships
- Draw will be sent to clubs on Wednesday prior to event.
- South Gippsland Champion – Open Scratch Event
- South Gippsland Minor Champion, Scratch Event Open to Daily Handicap 7+
- South Gippsland Junior Champion – Scratch Event
- South Gippsland Champion of Champions – open to current Club Champions
- A Grade Handicap (Net)
- B Grade Handicap (Net)
- C Grade Handicap (Stableford)
- Nearest the Pins
- Balls Down the Line
Entry by official entry form here
Or enter online via MiTournament here (search for South Gippsland)